The definition of stress: Mental, emotional, physical strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances. Stress is when the brain and body are out of homeostasis or balance and is created when….
- We can’t predict the outcome
- We can’t control the situation
- There is a perception of threat or danger
- Something is going to get worse
We may not control our outer world but we can control our thoughts and feelings, and that's where you start!
1. Eat a Healthy Diet
- High Protein
- Low Sugar
- Lots of Water
- Fruits and Veggies
2. Dark Chocolate for snacks
3. Healthy Energy Drinks
- Coconut Water
- Green Tea
4. Essential Oils - Diffuse or dap on nose or clothes
- Lavender: Calming
- Ylang Ylang: Lifts Spirits
- Rosemary: Energizes mind and memory
- Peppermint: Clears mind of negativity
5. Flower Essences - Shift the energies and emotions
- Rescue Remedy: Emergencies or Acute Stress
- Elixirs: Put in Water or under tongue as needed
- Mists: Spray on face or body or work station
7. Focused Breathing - In the nose and out the mouth
8. Walking *make sure you are practicing social distancing when you do!
10. Water Therapies
- Korean Spa experiences
11. Body Work and Treatments
- Cranial Sacral
- Chiropractic Adjustments
12. Healing Experiences
- Infrared Saunas
- Sound Meditations
- Himalayan Salt Rooms
13. Socializing - Meeting with friends and family
- Coffee or Tea meets
- Walking, fitness, or Healthy adventures
- Go to parks together
- FaceTime, Zoom, Skype - right now it's more important than ever to find ways you can continue to have these meetings with friends and family from your home.
14. Play with pets
15. Get out in nature as often as possible! Right now, make sure to practice social distancing whenever you go outside for some fresh air.
Health is an Adventure… not a destination. Enjoy the process of learning what works for you and what you enjoy. Explore with new experiences and share them with others when you can. Life is meant to be celebrated!