To our community–
As a brand that celebrates inclusivity, community, and empowerment through education, we stand in solidarity with the Black community and Black Lives Matter.
Earlier in June, we shared that we made a $25,000 donation to the NAACP, the largest grassroots civil rights organization in the United States. We are a small team and business, and while this amount may not be as much as some others may be able to contribute, this is a donation that comes from the heart.
Many challenges lay ahead, but frankly, we're up for it. As we tackle this, we'll continue to do what we have always done: raise a diverse community of women up and power their bodies and minds to feel well.
Below we are sharing just a few of the many resources, books, and more that our community shared with us via comments, DM, and email so we can continue to Stand With You. We will continue to update this page with resources.
- How to Be an Antiracist, Ibram X. Kendi
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander
- So You Want to Talk About Race, Ijeoma Oluo
- They Can’t Kill Us All, Wesley Lowery
- Why I’m No longer Talking to White People About Race, Reni Eddo-Lodge
- 13th, Ava DuVernay - Netflix
- Becoming (and read!), Michelle Obama - Netflix
- When They See Us, Ava DuVernay - Netflix
- BlackKklansmen, Spike Lee - Hulu, HBO Max
- The Hate U Give, George Tillman Jr. - Hulu