To Women's Health Week
Now more than ever, the idea that health is wealth really rings true. Women’s Health Week is May 10-16 and it aims to encourage women of all ages to prioritize their health and well being. I’m a firm believer in taking control of one’s own health journey and in honor of Women’s Health Week, I have decided to focus on 5 things that can not only be implemented immediately (from home), but can also yield long term benefits for overall wellness.
- Drink more water. This simple yet seemingly impossible task will forever be on my to do list. It is not uncommon for me to start my day with coffee and make it a solid three hours with absolutely zero water. According to a study done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 43% of adults drink less than four cups of water per day. Aside from basic hydration, drinking water promotes a healthy complexion, aids in digestions and can help stave off headaches. Plain and simple: increasing your water intake is a quick, cost-free way to enhance your overall health.
- Maintain a meditation practice. In a world that champions being busy, feeling stressed or overwhelmed are many women's baseline mental status. While stress may never disappear completely, it can definitely be better managed. This week, I am committing to maintaining my meditation practice to better manage my non-stop mind. While meditation requires no materials, I’m still new to the meditation space and have found apps to be helpful in providing guided prompts and timing. Some of my favorites: Waking Up, Headspace, and Inscape.
- Prioritize heart health. As a nursing student, I was surprised to learn that heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the U.S.. Heart conditions or issues often aren’t evident until they’ve progressed, however there are preventative measures that are important for women to be aware of. Things like managing stress, staying active, eating a diet rich in fiber, whole grains, and avoiding smoking can help mitigate some of the risk surrounding heart disease. For Women’s Health Week I am adding high-fiber, heart healthy foods into my diet like oatmeal, almonds and berries - pantry staples since grocery trips are limited these days!
- Find joy in movement. Moving a little bit, every day has been vital to maintaining my mental health and positivity. Like many women, I’ve struggled with body image and have used exercise as a means to try to control my perception of my body. As I move towards a space of honoring my body for what it can do rather than how it looks, I have reframed exercise as a joyful movement. For Women’s Health Week I am aiming to move every single day in a way that makes me happy. Whether it’s a walk with my mom or a cardio dance class, I’ve found movement is healthiest when it’s fun rather than forced.
- Preventative planning. One of the most important steps I’ve taken in prioritizing my health is staying on top of all annual appointments. For me that means an annual skin check at the dermatologist, a gynecologist exam as well as a general physical with blood work and labs. Knowledge is power and the more you know about your health, the more well-informed decisions you can make about your diet, activity and overall lifestyle. While in-person appointments may be limited at this time, I’ve made a list of the various appointments/screenings I’m due for so I know exactly who I need to see when appropriate.
How are you honoring your body and your health this Women’s Health Week?
This post was written by Love Wellness Member and Love Club Contributor, Alexandra Conti.
Build Your Customized Routine in 30 Seconds
Discover which of our clean, doctor-developed products will help you eat, sleep, feel, and live better.
Shop Our Founder's Favorites Wellness Products
Big Brain Probiotics™
Helps support brain function*Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars120 Reviews$22.49 Subscribe & Save$29.99 One-time Purchase
A blend of probiotics and nootropics to help support brain function, cognitive health, and help maintain a healthy mood and sense of calm.* HOW IT ...View full details$22.49 Subscribe & Save$29.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Helps boost your gut health*Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars8,811 Reviews$62.99 Subscribe & Save$83.99 One-time Purchase
Beat bloat with this combo of fiber, digestive enzymes, and probiotics that naturally boost your gut health.* gut, bloating, gas, reflux, probiot...View full details$62.99 Subscribe & Save$83.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Probiotics for all your parts*Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars8,674 Reviews$64.49 Subscribe & Save$85.99 One-time Purchase
A healthy dose of probiotics for your skin, gut, vagina. HOW IT WORKS This trio supports your gut in processing preservatives in food, antibiotics...View full details$64.49 Subscribe & Save$85.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Vaginal Suppository Duo
Balance yeast and bacteria in a pinchRated 4.8 out of 5 stars4,860 Reviews$29.99 Subscribe & Save$39.99 One-time Purchase
Balance yeast and bacteria in a pinch. A $40 value! HOW IT WORKS This confidence-boosting pair of vaginal suppositories keeps yeast and bacteria i...View full details$29.99 Subscribe & Save$39.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Happy Vagina Duo
A treat for your VRated 4.8 out of 5 stars9,250 Reviews$39.74 Subscribe & Save$52.99 One-time Purchase
For vaginal & urinary tract health. HOW IT WORKS Together, this powerful duo supports your vaginal health by balancing bacteria and yeast. Go...View full details$39.74 Subscribe & Save$52.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
pH Balancing Cleanser™
Gentle intimate hygieneRated 4.8 out of 5 stars4,069 Reviews$11.24 Subscribe & Save$14.99 One-time Purchase
A fragrance-free, totally gentle cleanser for your vulva. HOW IT WORKS Our OB/GYN-approved cleanser gently cleans the vulva (the external genita...View full details$11.24 Subscribe & Save$14.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Sleeping Beauty™ Gummies
Rest your best.Rated 4.6 out of 5 stars31 Reviews$17.24 Subscribe & Save$22.99 One-time Purchase
Berry flavorful melatonin gummies that help you unwind at bedtime and feel well-rested by morn ing.* HOW IT WORKS Rest your best and easy occasio...View full details$17.24 Subscribe & Save$22.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale