MAKES 1 SMOOTHIE
PREP: 5 minutes
BLEND TIME: 1 minute
The Microbiome Support Smoothie is my go-to daily breakfast (or lunch, or snack) that gets you all the nutrients your body needs while being anti-inflammatory and great for your gut. It contains protein, fiber, and nutritious fats, and it is dairy-free and gluten-free. I prefer using a protein powder that combines beef protein and chicken egg protein (Paleo Pro is a great brand). Chocolate is my favorite flavor, but feel free to go with vanilla or something else you like. Fun tip for those who use Love Wellness products: You can even add your Sparkle Fiber or Daily Love supplements directly to this smoothie by opening up your supplement capsules into the powder!
- 1 serving of the chocolate protein powder (at least 20 grams of protein)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice (optional; if you like your smoothie really cold)
- 8 ounces water or preferred nut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup of organic spinach
- Daily supplements (with capsules opened and contents added to smoothie if you prefer to incorporate them into this drink rather then swallowing the supplements with water)
- In a blender mix the protein powder with ice, water or nut milk, almond butter, and spinach.
- If you prefer to add your supplements to the smoothie, break open the capsules and add the contents to the mix.
- Blender together for 30 seconds to 1 minute.