When it comes to health and immunity, few things are more important than maintaining a strong gut barrier. With the preservatives, antibiotics, and over-the-counter medications that are an inevitable part of everyone’s diet, however, this is easier said than done.
The diverse microbiota in your small intestine and large intestine can help prevent diseases like obesity, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, and Crohn's disease, but these gut microbes support a host of other health functions outside of your intestines as well. Higher gut microbiota diversity can support immune response and your central nervous system.
Antibiotics can't tell the difference between beneficial bacteria and bad gut bacteria that make up the human gut microbiome. That means after a round of antibiotics, the bad bacteria are killed alongside good intestinal bacteria needed to support the functions of your gut microbiota.
Certain foods can help support your gut flora, such as:
- High-fiber foods like legumes and peas
- Whole grains like oats
- Vegetables like beans, leeks, asparagus, garlic, and onions
- Fruits like bananas and berries
- Fermented foods like miso, kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, tempeh, and yogurt
In addition to these helpful probiotic additions to your diet, it's crucial to take a probiotic supplement after a round of antibiotics to restore balance in your gut microbiome.
Enter Gut Feelings Probiotics™.
Gut Feelings Probiotics™ is our new daily probiotic with a pre-, pro-, postbiotic formula. What does that mean? Here’s a breakdown:
- Prebiotics are dietary fibers that serve as fuel for the good bacteria in your gut, making sure they have all they need to do what they do best.
- Probiotics are active strains of good bacteria that are crucial for maintaining a strong gut barrier, as we discovered above.
- Postbiotics are the byproduct of bacteria that ferments in the gut. They offer continued gut and immunity support.
Put all three together, and what you get is 360-degree support for a balanced, calm gut and overall immunity.* The best part is, Gut Feelings can be mixed and matched with any other Love Wellness probiotic vitamins. Take it alongside Good Girl Probiotics for added vaginal and urinary tract support, Clear Skin Probiotics™ for help with acne and other skin issues, or both to create a routine that suits your specific needs.