We won’t sugarcoat it: bloating bites. It’s one of the most uncomfortable, painful symptoms we can experience, and for many, it’s a frequent occurrence associated with eating, drinking, or poor digestion. For others, its roots stem from hormonal fluctuations, menstrual cycles, and even stress. Whether the bloating is mild, moderate, or severe, it can seriously disrupt the quality of life for those experiencing it.
So, armed with professional insight and our relief-providing supplement, Bye Bye Bloat, we’re here to answer three age-old questions:
- Why am I bloated?
- How can I prevent it?
- What can I do about it?
Bye Bye Bloat®
Causes of Bloating
1. Digestive and Gastrointestinal Imbalances. Heavy meals, greasy and processed foods, and poor food combinations can all cause bloating. We need proper enzymes in our stomach, small intestines, pancreas, and gallbladder in order to break our foods down properly.
Proteins should break down into amino acids, fat should break down into fatty acids, and carbohydrates into glucose. When foods are too heavy or the body’s enzymes are deficient, then foods don’t metabolize properly. This leads to fermentation of the foods in the body, causing an increase in gas.
Bye Bye Bloat has a comprehensive digestive enzyme formula that helps to break down proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, easing the sluggishness that causes bloating.*
2. Constipation. Poor or disrupted elimination can cause bloating and gas. This occurs when there is not enough fiber and water to move waste through the colon.
Bye Bye Bloat contains ginger and dandelion, proven to help to promote colon motility and relieve constipation.*
3. Food Allergies and Intolerances. Food intolerances can have an array of symptoms that are both obvious and obscure. (And always frustrating!) These may develop from the combination of a leaky gut, an underlying microbial imbalance, or insufficient enzymes. Bloating is often one of the first signs of food allergies.
The digestive enzyme formula in Bye Bye Bloat is helpful for breaking down foods that may be causing intolerances and allergies.*
4. Toxicity. Have you ever noticed that after a night of drinking, you may feel bloated and swollen the next day? Believe it or not, that’s actually the body’s way of protecting you from toxicity. When there are toxins like alcohol in the body, the body retains water as a way of diluting the toxins. So, bloating will almost always follow a night of alcohol or unhealthy food. Certain medications can also contribute to bloating associated with toxicity.
Bye Bye Bloat contains dandelion and parsley, both of which work as natural diuretics. They help reduce water retention by aiding the liver and kidneys in eliminating toxins.*
5. Hormonal Imbalances. Often, the first symptom of a hormonal imbalance is bloating. This typically occurs the week before your period. At this time of your cycle, there ideally should be a balance of estrogen and progesterone. When these hormones are out of sync, however, bloating and water retention will be key indicators.
Bye Bye Bloat is packed with ginger, dandelion, and fenugreek that help the body metabolize hormones, easing premenstrual swelling and bloating.*
6. Stress and Poor Sleep. Cortisol is a stress-related hormone produced by our adrenal glands. It helps to regulate stress, inflammation, immunity, and blood sugar. Excess cortisol due to too much stress can cause anxiety and insomnia, weight gain, and bloating around the belly. Poor sleep or not enough sleep can also cause water retention and bloating.
The ginger, fenugreek, and fennel in Bye Bye Bloat help balance blood sugar and stabilize cortisol levels, reducing bloating and water retention in the midline.*
There’s no doubt about it: bloating can be disruptive and uncomfortable, for sure. But, we choose to look at it as an opportunity to discover underlying imbalances that may be affecting your overall health.
Whether your bloating is caused by digestive problems, constipation, toxicity, hormones, or stress...give it the boot with Bye Bye Bloat!* Our game-changing digestive enzyme formula can ease discomfort, flatten that tummy, and help you feel like yourself once again.
- Dr. Gabrielle Francis, Naturopathic Doctor and Love Wellness Advisor