PREP: 5 minutes
BLEND TIME: 5 minute
This healthy breakfast is one of my favorites. Tastes amazing and combines good fats, protein, and fiber? Yes, please. If you don’t know about it, ghee is considered a nondairy or low-dairy version of butter as the milk solids have been removed from the final product. Eggs cooked slowly with ghee are out-of-this-world-delicious—nutty, creamy, and totally filling.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of organic pea shoots, sunflower sprouts, or similar
- Hot sauce to taste
- In a non stick pan melt the ghee over low heat. Crack open the eggs into a bowl and whisk together while the ghee melts. When melted, add the eggs to the pan and, using a spatula, slowly scramble them until they are soft and fluffy. Keep the heat low the entire time you are cooking, and add salt and pepper at the end to taste.
- Plate the eggs with half an avocado, topped with organic pea shoots or your sprout of choice.
- Add tablespoon or two of hot sauce on the side for a little extra heat and flavor. Enjoy!