PREP: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Did you know you can eat quesadillas on an anti-inflammatory diet? Okay, okay, I promise this isn’t a joke. My sister’s Chorizo and Goat Cheese Quesadilla recipe fits the bill perfectly: It tastes like a treat and follows all the dietary rules of the plan. I love serving these while watching football with my family.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 4 ounces)
- Half a package of pork chorizo sausage (the kind that crumbles, about 5.6 ounces)
- 12 gluten-free tortillas
- 8 ounces of goat cheese
- Large handful of chopped organic parsley, stems removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium pan heat the avocado oil. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute over medium heat before adding the chopped onion. Cook for another minute, then add the chorizo to the pan.
- Brown these ingredients together until some of the chorizo has a nice crunch to it.
- Lay 6 of the tortillas onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Press your preferred amount of goat cheese onto each tortilla.
- Add a nice spoonful of chorizo, onion, and garlic to each tortilla, about 2 tablespoons per tortilla.
- Sprinkle with parsley leaves and add a second tortilla to the top of each mixture.
- Spray the top and bottom of the quesadilla with a small mist of avocado oil and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla begins to brown.
- Cut into pieces and serve.