Jobs - Art Director
We’re looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and highly skilled Art Director to join Love Wellness. This role is a cross-functional one that will work with our Social Media, Marketing, Digital, Retail, and Product Development teams. This individual will be responsible for concepting, designing, and creating marketing and advertising campaigns and associated content, Community design assets, and product and packaging design within the Love Wellness brand guidelines.
This individual should have solid visual and motion design capabilities and a good understanding of marketing media channels and both digital and traditional content spaces.
In addition to a resume, please provide the following:
- Links to portfolio
- Statement on why you want to join the Love Wellness team and how you feel you can make a positive impact within our Community. This can also be sent as a video if you feel like showing off your creative abilities (don’t worry - we aren’t hiring an actor here, so don’t be nervous about your personal performance).
- Develop and lead the creative direction for multi-platform, multi-channel marketing campaigns and initiatives that follow the objectives of the organization and that advance brand awareness
- Execute all aspects of the creative vision, ensure creative direction is retained through the entire production process and stays within the Love Wellness brand guidelines
- Partner closely with Social Media, Marketing, Digital, Retail, and Product Development teams on various needs
- Create and send weekly marketing emails with assistance from our Content Producer (Art Director is responsible for the actual build within Klaviyo)
- Direct photo and video shoots, and work with Content Producer on social-specific content initiatives
- Work to cast talent for shoots
- Choose Post-production selects, implement retouching/editing notes and everything else involved to bring creative vision to life
- Hire and lead a team
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker
- Willing to work and play within a start-up team and culture
- Eagerness to take established brand guidelines and make them their own
- Moves and works fast without requiring guidance
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with strong organizational ability
- Understand the Love Wellness brand voice and ensure consistency of message and brand values across multiple channels
- Self-Starter: You are able to set a vision and drive the process forward, pushing the envelope to bring new ideas to life
- Driven by the Love Wellness mission and community and work tirelessly to identify the right stories to share across channels
- Agency and/or start-up background
- Experience managing and growing a team
- Copy and/or editorial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field
- 3+ years of experience in art direction, content development, and/or content
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- An exceptional portfolio demonstration relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of digital, social, video content
- Expert knowledge of content platform current best practices, technologies, and standards
- Expert knowledge of relevant tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Microsoft Office, Google G-Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of Klaviyo and Shopify
- Experience leading photo and video production
Please send resume and the requested items to email@example.com. Please note we prefer NYC and local area hires over remote team members.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Love Wellness not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.