My 5 Favorite Things To Do In The Hamptons
Today's note comes from the lounge chair of the CEO
Hello from The Hamptons! We’re in the dog days of summer and I’m working remotely “out east” this week. We’re working remotely the last week of August as well before Labor Day and I’m looking forward to spending that stretch of days out here as well. I’ve been living in New York for 10 years now and summering on Long Island for many seasons. It’s a picturesque mix of warm sandy beaches, sprawling farmland (and amazing farm stands), deep woods, and days spent on friend’s boats out of Sag Harbor.
My personal opinion is that if you’re looking for great food (at home) and a relaxing time, the Hamptons is perfect for you. If you’re in search of a party or nightlife, New York City does it better. The party scene out here is just too expensive, too crowded for me at this point - so laying low and seeing friends is my M.O.
Here’s my list of Top 5 Favorite Things in The Hamptons:
- Balsam Farms - there are tons of farm stands out here, but this out of the way stand above the highway in Amagansett should be on your list if you love local, seasonal produce. The line to check out can get long, so bring a hat to protect yourself from the sun or buy one at the stand!
- The beaches in Sagaponack - search out smaller beaches without lifeguard stands and you’ll be in quiet, Hamptons heaven. You do need a parking pass here, FYI. My other favorite stretch of beach is in The Dunes (Amagansett) but it’s near impossible to park here unless you have a friend with a house in this part of town.
- Round Swamp - insanely expensive, insanely delicious prepared food. Famous for their chicken fingers, chicken salad, and $24 bundles of strawberries. Prepare to go to battle for a spot in line here and for your paycheck to go poof.
- Boat Day from Sag Harbor Marina - spending a half day on a boat out of picturesque Sag Harbor is one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. You can head over to Sunset Beach for a Euro-style cocktail or meal, and cool off with a quick dip in the bay. For the truly adventurous you can make a day of it and head towards Rhode Island for fishing, or get on a boat closer to Montauk for lunch at Duryeas.
- Host a Backyard Party - one of the best ways to enjoy a day in the Hamptons is to hit a farmstand and the butcher, cook at home and have some friends over. The summer nights are long and the gardens of Hamptons homes are the perfect setting for gatherings with friends.
More to come,
Shop Our Founder's Favorites Wellness Products
Healthy gut = healthy you$62.99 Subscribe & Save$83.99 One-time Purchase
Beat bloat with this combo of fiber, digestive enzymes, and probiotics that naturally boost your gut health.* gut, bloating, gas, reflux, probiot...View full details$62.99 Subscribe & Save$83.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Probiotics for all your parts*$64.49 Subscribe & Save$85.99 One-time Purchase
A healthy dose of probiotics for your skin, gut, vagina. A $85 value! HOW IT WORKS This trio supports your gut in processing preservatives in food...View full details$64.49 Subscribe & Save$85.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Balance yeast and bacteria in a pinch$29.99 Subscribe & Save$39.99 One-time Purchase
Balance yeast and bacteria in a pinch. A $40 value! HOW IT WORKS This confidence-boosting pair of vaginal suppositories keeps yeast and bacteria i...View full details$29.99 Subscribe & Save$39.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
A treat for your V$39.74 Subscribe & Save$52.99 One-time Purchase
For vaginal & urinary tract health. HOW IT WORKS Together, this powerful duo supports your vaginal health by balancing bacteria and yeast. Go...View full details$39.74 Subscribe & Save$52.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale
Gentle intimate hygiene$11.24 Subscribe & Save$14.99 One-time Purchase
A fragrance-free, totally gentle cleanser for your vulva. HOW IT WORKS Our OB/GYN-approved cleanser gently cleans the vulva (the external genita...View full details$11.24 Subscribe & Save$14.99 One-time PurchaseSale Sale